<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

https://www.ps127-1.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Journey with Christ: My Steps Directed: Meditate on the Word

Sunday 7 April 2019

Meditate on the Word



Good morning/afternoon/evening wherever you are in the world. I am so thankful to have you look at this blog today. I truly welcome you, and pray that you find this useful.

We are so connected in this day and age. That we talk hasn't changed, but how we talk certainly has. One of the most powerful weapons for God, and against the enemy is social media, unfortunately the devil can also use it as a distraction. It is an entire post by itself to talk about the dangers of social media, how it too can be a wile of the devil so I won't focus on that now.

Having apps on your phone that can turn your attention back to God, is so important, I cannot stress that enough. I personally have You Version installed, and its an excellent resource because one of things it does, is show a notification for the verse of the day. A simple and effecive way to make sure that you are getting some of the word of God, even if by accident.

So when I turned to Twitter this morning, and saw my feed popping up with the verse of the day, I was happy that the word of God was being shared.

Yet it made me think.

How many people actually reflect on what they are sharing?

This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success.

Joshua 1:8 NKJV

God is the great I Am, He is the same yesterday, today and forever. So the fact is He again gave us the Bible that we may meditate on His word, and have good success. Meditating on the word is for our benefit, but we have to meditate to get the benefit. This means more than giving it a fleeting moment of our attention, but spending some time reflecting on what we have seen.


On my own faith journey God has challenged me using this verse so many times:

Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things.
Philippians 4:8 New King James Version (NKJV)

And what more praiseworthy and noble than the word of God?


So you're reading the verse of the day, or you're going to share it on Twitter, why not add a couple of lines about what that verse means to you? Or how it challenges you to do something different in our life? 

Whatever you do, if you're going to start off by reading on the verse of the day, remember you're on a journey. Don't stay in that place. Start by reading on the verse of the day, then the chapter, then the book. Perhaps try following a Bible reading, after that and as your relationship with God grows, He will lead you on which scriptures He wants you to read.

In this age of distraction turn you focus back to God, meditate on His word, and see how it changes your life.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 7 April 2019 at 18:16 , Blogger Godcallsmefaith said...

Hi I have a question on meditating on the word. I find that I do start my day with the verse of the day but I struggle to actually reflect on what I have read during the rest of my day any tips on being intentional about incorporating the verse of the day through out a busy day?

 
At 7 April 2019 at 18:57 , Blogger Eli.SOG said...

First of all greetings! Thank you for the comment Faith. I love your question, and I love the word you use there. Intentional.
On my own walk with God, I've found its about building good habits. So why not set 2 or 3 reminders on your phone/tablet/PC to reflect on the verse of the day? It might seem a bit mechanical at first but eventually it will become second nature.
Another tip is, if you can, spend some quiet time with God. Set aside 5/10/15 minutes of your day to think about the verse of the day. Eventually you'll start finding that whenever you have down time that verse and other verses will just start speaking to you.
God wants to have a relationship with you, and he'll be happy you're trying you best to get to know Him, and He will lead you to His word faithfully.

 
At 7 April 2019 at 19:07 , Blogger Godcallsmefaith said...

Thank you so much!!!!! These are really helpful tips. I also want to thank you for sharing your journey this blog has been a blessing to me

 
At 7 April 2019 at 19:41 , Blogger Eli.SOG said...

That makes me very happy :-). To God belongs the glory and I hope you continue in your walk with Him

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home