<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

https://www.ps127-1.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Journey with Christ: My Steps Directed: Start Your Day with God

Monday 8 April 2019

Start Your Day with God


How you start your day is important.

Before I knew God, I used to work in "The City" in London. I was in the financial industry, and I cannot stress to you how important it was for me to wake up in a good mood. I NEEDED to have a cheerful morning before I walked out my front door and began that commute to work. Because that commute...well it was something!

Crowded trains, (that's if they came on time or at all!), struggling to find a parking spot at the train station because they were always closing sections to work on it, not being able to take the bus because they were unreliable, battling whatever weather came my way, power walking to the office because of strikes on the underground it went on and on. By the time I got to work I'd be lucky if I could crack a smile.

How I started my day was important, but it was so important to me then because what I had was happiness. Happiness in my own strength.

And it was fragile.

So fragile that all it took was a commute to work for it to be shattered and I have to build it up again.

God gave me something far greater. God gave me the ability to experience His joy. Through God, and only through God, you can experience joy through your trials, in fact God actually wants us to:

My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing.
James 1:2-4 NKJV

So I know for a fact, if I was still working that job, with God in my life it wouldn't matter what the commute was like, because it would be His will for me to work there, I would know He is in control, and that the trial was for my own benefit.

Yet I could only do that by walking in the spirit.

Walking in the Spirit

16 I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh. 17 For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish. 18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.
19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: [a]adultery, [b]fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, 20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, 21 envy, [c]murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 [d]gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.

Galatians 5:16-23 New King James Version (NKJV)

So I don't have that job anymore, (God has me on a different path for which I am so grateful) but I do have God.

I can't tell you how much better my days are when I start my days with Him:

If then you were raised with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ is, sitting at the right hand of God. Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth.
Colossians 3:1‭-‬2 NKJV

Living Colossians 3:1-2, is what keeps me in the Spirit and gives me joy. I cannot tell you enough how joyful I feel starting my day with God. When you set your heart and mind on things above it will help you stay in the Spirit and be loving, joyful, peaceful, longsuffering, kind, good, faithful, gentle, and have self-control regardless of the chaos thats going on around you.

Theres a saying that goes "you get out what you put in". I believe God responds to You how you respond to Him. Put him first in Your life, He will bless you at the beginnings of your day.

Put God first place in your life. Start your day with Him and see the difference it will make to your life.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home