<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

https://www.ps127-1.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Journey with Christ: My Steps Directed: A Rough Week

Tuesday 28 May 2019

A Rough Week



I have watched sermon, upon sermon, upon sermon talking about spiritual attacks. When they would happen, how they would happen, why they would happen. Yet seemingly, such is the human condition, despite my numerous learning, warnings and preparation, I was not ready for what was to come.

It is not that I have not suffered spiritual attacks before, no those have been numerous, it was the intensity of what I was subject to that was the surprise.

It is written that ours is not a battle of the flesh (Ephesians 6:12), and we stand against the wiles of the devil ((Ephesians 6:11). Lest it has not been stated explicitly enough, the devil himself and his agents are your enemy, that also means you are his. I do not wish to glorify him, nor give him any undue attention for far greater is He that is in us, than he that is in the world (1 John 4:4); yet to be wise to the wiles of the devil we need to understand this of his character: he is a shrewd operator and he is intelligent.

As any good general knows, when you are in battle go for the "head", it is why the Sheppard was struck such that the sheep would scatter (Matthew 26:31). Thus if you grow in relationship with God and your faith increases, so too do you grow in stature as an enemy of the devil. You are more capable of leading people to God and away from him, this for the devil is a problem.

Since I have started this blog, the attacks have intensified. This week has been one of intense trials and tribulations, of which I have not experienced since I begun this journey.

I was doing a Bible study this week, one where the Holy Spirit revealed to me the meaning of our covenant through sacrifice, the significance of Jesus carrying His cross and what that means for us, how Abraham and Isaac revealed Jesus, even in Genesis and so much more. I felt compelled to share this with you, and indeed I will, but this is when the battle intensified.

So what am I saying of myself? Am I exalting myself,and claiming to have become so important in the kingdom of God, that the devil sees me as a threat? No instead the opposite.

If God rejoices in heaven when one sinner comes to repentance (Luke 15:10), understand that this means the devil gets upset when but one person is saved, because if they belong to God, the devil no longer has a hold over them; as you increase God's kingdom, you decrease his.

I am but a humble blogger, who wishes to spread the gospel to as many people as possible with the measure of talent that God has given me. It is, however, no coincidence that just I had my greatest message of faith to share with you, I suffered my greatest attack,

I am not on the television with an audience of millions, have a large internet presence nor am I well known.

Yet to the devil I have become a threat. This blog has had thousands of views, for which I am extremely grateful and humbled that God is being heard through me, and I am so grateful for all the support it has received, but it is not the biggest blog out there.

In what I have experienced, you would think this is not the case. You would assume my audience is in the millions and wait upon my posts with bated breath.

I wanted to share this with everyone. So that you may know if you choose God what may lie ahead, and if you have already given your life to Him you will not be alone in battle.

More importantly, I wanted to let you know your prayers for the salvation of others are effective, your messages are being heard, anything you do from a tweet, to a conversation about God with friends or a stranger, all are effective in increasing God's kingdom.

Do not be surprised if you suffer spiritual attacks, yet do not give up, for to give up would mean that the devil succeeds in his mission. We know the battle in eternity has already been won by Jesus, because of what He did for us, but ours is the battle now. Not only are we servants of God but soldiers.

During this time I haven't written anything, I truly did not feel able. The devil had temporarily succeeded in preventing me from fulfilling the purpose that God has chosen for me.

Apart from the vine I was useless.

In this time I had a chance to reflect and remember what life was like before I knew God, on what lay ahead in what He has promised me for my service. Many thoughts raced through my mind competing for my eventual resolution. Should I stop all of this? Should I go back to work and defy what God has told me (yes I am still waiting), thus ending my struggles? Should I just get on with my life and come to God another time when I felt more ready? But to do so wouldn't seem right....There was but one conclusion:

Giving up was not an option.

I choose to serve just as the author of our faith, Jesus Christ, I look toward Him to run this race of endurance (Hebrews 12:1-2). It was He that strengthened me and assured me no weapon formed against me will prosper. That though the battle may intensify God was on my side, though He has brought to this place of waiting and enduring it would all be worth it.

So yes you are an enemy of the devil, but be encouraged knowing that we serve the One to whom all must bow (Philippians 2:10): Jesus Christ, that He is Lord, that greater is He that is in us then he that is in the world. God is in control.

Accept His gift of grace. You're going to have good and bad days, but He will not leave nor forsake you (Deuteronomy 31:6).

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 29 May 2019 at 00:00 , Anonymous Lolita Buck said...

Absolutely love this message! Yes as soldiers in the army of the Lord we have good & bad days. But God remains faithful throughout it all. Thanks for sharing.

 
At 1 June 2019 at 14:34 , Anonymous Thomas Sixberry said...

I like how you pointed out the intensity of the spiritual attack in the beginning of this article. You seem like me, ready to point it out then sway away from it. It may be we think it is foreign to others? Unless I'm reading you wrong. But, I remember the immediate cold in the chest cavity. An unnatural cold that could only be from one thing. The shaking of the bones, makes you realize how weak the flesh really is. I oftentimes think of

Acts 19:15 And the evil spirit answered and said, “Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are you?”

It really makes you want to make sure you are in Jesus 100% before dealing with these demons. But being attacked at such a young age was something else entirely. These were grown men going after these demons. It is said they were sons of a Jewish Chief Priest so I also wonder if they really did believe in Jesus as the Messiah or not. Many questions. :)

Thank you for your post! Keep strong!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home