<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

https://www.ps127-1.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Journey with Christ: My Steps Directed: I've Lost Control of My Blog

Wednesday 8 May 2019

I've Lost Control of My Blog


I've lost control of this blog.

I never inteded this blog to evolve into what it has become. It is an understatement to say that it has gone in a direction I did not anticipate.

My original title for this blog was "Journey with Christ: My Walk By Faith". Indeed you will find me on Twitter as "@WalkByFaithBlog".

I had it all mapped out in my mind: what the URL was, how it was going to go and the type of content I would write: day-by-day experiences of growing in Christ. It was designed to be a written testimony of my journey of faith, that others may know what its really like, so as not to become discouraged or change their perceptions about what its like to be born again.

If then, this blog was a canvas, I was holding the brush, the paint selected post by post as the illustration was to take shape across time, becoming more complete as I did.

But the URL I wanted was taken. I could not use the name I originally intended, so "I" came up with My Steps Directed inspired by Proverbs 16:9.

Proverbs 16:9 New King James Version (NKJV)
A man’s heart plans his way,
But the Lord directs his steps.

I see the irony now in "me" calling this blog "My Steps Directed" and "me" choosing to base the title on Proverbs 16:9, because that's exactly what has happened.

I didn't lose control of this blog, because I was never in control in the first place. He was.

And as much as I try to inject my will into this, it has evolved more into a written ministry. One which I would never have said I was ready for.
I'm 28 years old, but when it comes to faith I only meaningfully got here like 5 minutes ago, and please just have a look at the breadth of topics on here already!

Thy will be done indeed!

I then, may be holding the brush, but I do not choose the paint nor what to do with it, nor in which direction my hand moves.

He does.

Am I then, but a puppet? Do I then, have no free will?

No. I choose to surrender this blog to Him because it is ultimately for Him.

I wanted to be used by Him, to guide people to Him, as a way of giving thanks. I might have had several ideas about how this should have gone, but who am I that He should be mindful of me (Psalms 8:4)?

I'm used to being in control, so this might not seem like much, but its scary for me.

And you know what? This blog continues to be a wonderful experience. I've been blessed and already "met" some people online I never would have encountered without it. As much as I write this content for others it helps me too. Frankly, His ideas are better than mine anyway, I see now I had nothing to fear.

I am re-learning parts of myself not knowing Him had made me forget. The child like essence, that believed I could do anything, that dared to dream, that knew only of endless possibility.

The Lord directs my steps, not in the way I want them to go, but where He needs me to be, both for my own sake and His plan. I have experienced so much wonderful growth and experiences of God. I am a better person now than I was before.

All because I surrended to Him.

This might sound silly, because its just a blog, but our ways are not His ways. This is what He is using on my journey, this is what He is using to fix the parts of myself I did not even know were broken. Now I am so excited to see what He will do in all areas of my life.

And if He can do all this for my good, through a free blog, think: what can He do in your life if you let Him?

Surrender to God, its the best decision you will ever make.

Whatever it is you are doing, give it to God, let the hand of the creator of the entire universe, bless what you are doing. Better still be prepared to let Him change what you're doing completely.
Whatever ideas you have, He has better ones. Maybe you are limiting yourself and you don't even know it!

Surrender to Him, all things are possible with God! He will resurrect your ability to dream and give you renewed hope. Yes the journey may be painful, nor should you expect instant gratification (I am still in the midst of waiting on Him as I write this) but your life will be better.

If you're feeling a little apprehensive about surrending consider:

A man’s heart plans his way, But the Lord directs his steps.
A man’s steps are of the Lord ; How then can a man understand his own way?
Proverbs 16:9 NKJV & Proverbs 20:24 NKJV

Apart from Him, you may not even know what you're doing anyway!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home