<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

https://www.ps127-1.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Journey with Christ: My Steps Directed: Psalms 51:1-2 : Why Feel Guilt?

Wednesday 10 April 2019

Psalms 51:1-2 : Why Feel Guilt?


At first glance the meaning of this verse is simple enough, but it ministered to me in an unexpected way before I wrote this post. I previously wrote about the benefits of meditating on the word, and I encourage all believers to do so. It will make the word come alive.

This verse takes me back before my journey began, when in my ignorance of the faith, I saw Christians as judgemental, always looking to elevate themselves for their "righteousness" and look down upon me with condemnation for my "sin". 

I saw God as unjust. I would say things like "Why would I want to serve a God that is always reminding me of my sin?", "I mean these are his rules anyway, what kind of God makes a human who can sin, then demands that they don't? Isn't that just setting me up for failure?". In short I didn't see my sin as some "great transgression" that I should seek compassion and forgiveness for. I was generally a good human being, I didn't commit any crimes, was generally nice to people. I thought I was doing just fine by myself.

Therefore, I was incapable of feeling any guilt for my sin, I just didn't see an issue.

I wonder how many of you are in this place right now reading this? Having seen this verse you are still on that place of your journey asking these type of questions?

To those people I would like to confess something. As I write this now, this to me, is one of the most powerful verses that can minister to my everyday life.

When you decide to make Jesus Christ the Lord of your life, and take that initial step of faith, you will have to give up on some things. Faith in Lord Jesus, that He is the son of God, that the trinity is real, that the Father is the God of all creation, is the beginning of your journey. From there comes the next part which is relationship. God always knew you, but you have only just come to know Him, and you will have to get to know God.

As your relationship with God grows, you'l become aware of all the things He has done, not just in the Bible, for you
Personally. 
You will come to know how good He is, how for everything that He has done, does and will do for you; He requires very little in return:

Deuteronomy 10:12 New King James Version (NKJV)

12 “And now, Israel, what does the Lord your God require of you, but to fear the Lord your God, to walk in all His ways and to love Him, to serve the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul,
Knowing He will work all things for Your good because you love Him (Romans 8:28). There are so many verses about how good God is when we obey that I couldn't list them all here, but God is faithful, and He wants to bless us. 
Understand I am saying all of this and I've only really been born again 3/4 months! When you realise how good God is for us, working all things for our good, blessing us, being patient and so much more; you will feel a tremendous amount of guilt when you let Him down. 
You will learn about that character of God, I am still learning believe me, but what I can tell you is that He is forgiving, compassionate, patient, gracious, merciful and so much more! Yes we will let God down but He gives us hope, that as long as our heart is for Him and we have faith, He gives us grace.
God does not want you to feel condemned. I realised that on my journey, those were flawed human beings that made me feel that way and not representative of God. 
God wants you to seek Him. 
God doesn't want you to sin, for your own good.
So seek God with all your heart, stay in faith and be encouraged knowing that God sees that your trying and His mercy endures forever! (Psalms 136).



Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 10 April 2019 at 11:54 , Blogger Godcallsmefaith said...

Thank you Eli.SOG for another great blog post. Honestly, I totally relate with this article about Christians before I was born again Christians to me were nothing but judgemental,selfrighteous and hypocritical.
Christianity also seemed to be list of do's and don'ts. Religion convinced me that I needed to get myself together first but Jesus Christ showed me all I needed to do was come as I was with all my flaws. When I did that I noticed that because He changed my desires I no longer enjoyed the things I used to because of the relationship I didn't want to do anything that would hurt Him especially when He loves me so much. 

I struggle with the feeling of guilt especially when it comes to who I was before I was saved. Do you have any tips on how to deal with the feeling of condemnation and that you're not truly forgiven for your sins?

 
At 10 April 2019 at 18:58 , Blogger Eli.SOG said...

Great question Faith. God tells us in Romans 8, that there is no condemnation for those in Christ.

So that's the good news!

Ultimately, what you're asking is "what do I believe is the character of God?". Everything the Bible shows us about Him, is that God loves us, is faithful and works all things for our good. He is truthful, cannot ever lie, He is forgiving and wants to be reconciled with us. Just look at all that He did for the children of Israel despite how many times they let Him down.

God loves us so much that He sent his only begotten Son to die for our sin, that we may be redeemed. So how do I know I am forgiven? Because I have faith, and believe in God for who He is, and all He has revealed Himself to us to be, because He sent Jesus that our sins may be forgiven eternally and cannot lie.

I believe in His character.

Ponder this....Of what you know of God why would He send His Son to die and then not forgive us? That doesn't sound like the loving faithful God we know Him to be.

Walk in faith knowing you are forgiven.

I hope that helps!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home