<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

https://www.ps127-1.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Journey with Christ: My Steps Directed: Verse of the Day: Psalms 24:1

Sunday 7 April 2019

Verse of the Day: Psalms 24:1


Good morning!

Recently I wrote a blog post about meditating on the word. So I feel led by the Spirit to create a new series based on the, Verse on the Day from the YouVersion app, to encourage you to pause and think about what these verses mean to you, as a way of meditation.

So please comment below what this verse means to you (you don't have to sign up to anything to comment). Remember, that we are all in different season in life, and so this verse means to me can be different then what it means to you and that's ok.

Father, I thank You for the gift of the Bible. That You have left us this text that it may  minister to us. I thank You that Your perfect word speaks to us regardless of what season we are in. That the perfection of Your foresight created a timeless word that was relevant for generations past, and those to follow. That what is written can minister to me regardless of what season I am in, so perfect is its construction That through this text, we get to know You.

I pray that whomever reads this, let a seed of good habit be sown on fertile ground within their heart, that they may seek You, that this may a step on their walk of faith. I thank You for the provision of this blog, for the anointing on my life, for whoever is behind the Verse of the Day, that the word of God is being shared globally and Your presence is everywhere. Amen.

The earth is the Lord ’s, and all its fullness, The world and those who dwell therein.
Psalms 24:1 NKJV

It just so happens that I had to meditate on this verse very recently, and spoke to me about doing the will of God.

In this season of my life God has instructed me to go to Africa. I am of African descent but I was born in the West, and whilst I have been back to my native country I have very little experience of it. I did intend to return to Africa one day in the future, but God said that day is TO-DAY. So I wait patiently for Him to bring His plan to fruition.

This verse, however, speaks to me because of my reluctance. Do not believe the picture of Africa that you have been shown on TV. It is not a "dark continent" of abject poverty. Yes there is poverty, but so too is there great wealth, a middle-class, basic amenities, great cities, public transport, technology, careers being made, businesses, beautiful homes and it goes on and on.

BUT....the rules of engagement are very different and many nations are still developing. In all honesty? I just do not know how to survive there on my own. There are differences with the West, and I will have to sacrifice many elements of my lifestyle, it will be a big adjusment.

So I did what anyone would do. I complained and wailed to God. "WHY GOD!!?!", "WHY AFRICA!!?!", "Why didn't you say go somewhere nice like Miami, or Barbados?". Unsurprisingly God chastened me, yet not just for my disobedience. He chastened me and said "The earth and everything in it is mine, do you despise My creation?

That moment changed my whole perspective. Whatever my thoughts of Africa as somewhere that wasn't as "nice" as Miami didn't sit well with God. And He was right.
So not only do I need to do as He says and go where He sends me, I need to be happy about it.
Still I had all these plans for my life and things I wanted to do, and frankly this wasn't one of them. So it wasn't easy to get to that point where I was happy to obey, but what helped me get there? I really had to think on Psalms 24:1, and then turned to the thing God left us.

Scripture:

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.
Matthew 6:33 NKJV

Delight yourself also in the Lord , And He shall give you the desires of your heart.
Psalms 37:4 NKJV

“Now it shall come to pass, if you diligently obey the voice of the Lord your God, to observe carefully all His commandments which I command you today, that the Lord your God will set you high above all nations of the earth. And all these blessings shall come upon you and overtake you, because you obey the voice of the Lord your God: “Blessed shall you be in the city, and blessed shall you be  in the country. “Blessed shall  be  the fruit of your body, the produce of your ground and the increase of your herds, the increase of your cattle and the offspring of your flocks. “Blessed shall  be your basket and your kneading bowl. “Blessed shall you be when you come in, and blessed shall you be when you go out.
Deuteronomy 28:1‭-‬6 NKJV

God was showing me He is faitful, He has a plan and will for my life: for it to be blessed. I just have to do what He says, go where He says and see the beauty in all of the earth, because it all belongs to Him.

I hope you see that meditating on that verse took me on a journey, it turned me to other areas of the Bible which ultimately meant I spent more time on the word and thinking about God.

So what does this verse mean to you? Did it take you on a journey? Comment below and share your story, or just spend some time thinking about it today.


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home