<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

https://www.ps127-1.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Journey with Christ: My Steps Directed: Good Friday: Remembering Jesus

Friday 19 April 2019

Good Friday: Remembering Jesus


Romans 10:9-10 New King James Version (NKJV)

9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

There are many of us around the globe, on this day, who experience "bank/public holidays", time off of work, time to spend with our loved ones, thanks to Lord Jesus.

Let us then, not forget why this day has come to pass. Please, if nothing else:

Read on Good Friday,  what Jesus did for us and accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and saviour.

Start your journey with Christ. Whatever you are going through God loves you and He is waiting for you to turn to Him.

Download a free Bible app like YouVersion today (I am not affiliated with them nor am I paid, I just want you to have the word of God) or buy a Bible, however your means allow.

What Jesus Means To Me

I woke up touched. Frankly words failed me. It was a struggle to even write this post.

But I want someone to see what Jesus means to me, and if they can accept Him as their Lord and saviour this is the best gift I can give back to God.

If this post touches you in any way, take some time to praise God, accept Lord Jesus into your life. If you are already a believer, maybe you've lapsed or backslid in your journey, reconnect with God as your heart leads.

This is the first Good Friday in my entire life when I have woken up emotional. It's also the first Good Friday where I truly believed in my heart in Lord Jesus, and confessed He was my saviour. In other words, its the first Good Friday when I loved Jesus.

If you are not a believer you will likely not understand and that is OK, as I have stated, I was the exactly the same. Though I could list so many reasons, because God has been so faithful and good to me, I will state just one:

He is the reason I am alive today.

The invisible hand of God has kept me alive all this time, saved me from making a mistake too grave, for my own sake. Thanks to Lord Jesus and what He did on the cross.

I wonder if you took the time to reflect on your life right now, even if you don't believe, can you think of any situations that you know you didn't get yourself out of? Did you pray to God, and even though you did not know Him, He answered and saved you? That is one of the many reasons why I am so thankful.

To get to this point I had to set aside my pride. I had so many questions: "Who is this God that I should play by his rules? I mean he made the rules anyway why should I be so grateful for something He decided to do? Why make me this way with a sinful nature and then require me to thank you for forgiving me? The answer?

Romans 9:20 New King James Version (NKJV)
20 But indeed, O man, who are you to reply against God? Will the thing formed say to him who formed it, “Why have you made me like this?”

He's the boss! Ask yourself, when you were born what exactly did you do become alive? Were you in control at that moment? Did you choose to be born? So who gave you life? We need to be humble and accept God is in control and always has been.

Afterall, God Himself is humble. This is what He did for us:

Philippians 2:5-11 New King James Version (NKJV)

The Humbled and Exalted Christ

5 Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, 6 who, being in the form of God, did not consider it [a]robbery to be equal with God, 7 but [b]made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men. 8 And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross. 9 Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, 10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, 11 and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

God Himself, made man, humbled Himself and was obedient unto death. For US. If Jesus is humble, who am I not to be humble?

And the reason this is an emotional day, is I can imagine the pain on the cross. The humiliation He endured, being spat on, slapped and mocked on his way to die. You wouldn't want that inflicted on someone you love, especially now I am aware of all the things He has done for me, and upon your own reflection for you too.

But this is Jesus.....

Even death could not hold Him.

He rose again! Defeated even death.

He lives on the inside of every one of us who believe in Him. He is alive and well, overcoming death in His glory, that we might live! Not just now, but inheriting the promise of eternal life.

Glory to God. Hallelujah! Praise His name because it is worthy of praise!

Jesus makes me better everyday. Jesus does so much for me, and has changed me in so many ways for the better, that if I wrote them all here this post would take up your whole day.

So I appeal to you, take this day to remember Jesus.

Accept Jesus as the Lord of your life and be saved.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home