<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

https://www.ps127-1.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Journey with Christ: My Steps Directed: How Much Faith Do You Have?

Thursday 18 April 2019

How Much Faith Do You Have?


God is the Provider. He has shown us this Himself, time and time again. So imagine your rent/mortgage is due, your bills piling up, your money dwindling and food running low; if God spoke to you and said "Be still, and know I am God, I will provide" would you be able to wait in faith, or rely on your own strength and scramble for the nearest classified ad and a way to get money fast?

Be honest would you even believe it was God who spoke to you?

How much faith do you have?

Jesus told us himself:

Matthew 17:20-21New King James Version (NKJV)

20 So Jesus said to them, “Because of your unbelief; for assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. 21 However, this kind does not go out except by prayer and fasting.”

Yet I am 100% certain, that if I told a mountain to move it would not go anywhere.

Faith is the bedrock of your relationship with God.

It is so fundamental, that the picture of faith is painted all across the ages of the Bible, and is expressed in the current age in a multitude of ways.

I would be overstepping my annointing to fully get into what faith is here, and speak with an authority that God has not bestowed upon me. So let me tell you what I believe.

Yes faith is the "substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen" (Hebrews 11:1), this cannot be disputed and has to mentioned.

For me, part of making that tangible is to describe faith as believing in God for who He is. That means believing in God for everything He says He is (Provider, Comforter, Father, Protector and so much more!) and has done. Ever.

The truth is we all say we have faith, but do we actually? Do we actually believe God for who He is? That He is the Old & New Testament God, that all the miracles He performed then, He could do today?

It is easy for us to say "yes, of course!" until it is tested.

Ask yourself, if you were faced with the some of the same obstacles that the people faced in both the Old and New Testament would you have the fortitude to wait on God, regardless of what the circumstances looked like? Imagine being the Israelites with the Egyptians charging at you, the panic is well documented, but actually put yourself in their shoes and imagine it. Could you at that time "walk by faith and not by sight?"

You should be calm knowing God has got this, but would you be?

Would you honestly be able to say, "I believe in God so much I believe for the miracle He is about to perform", regardless of what your eyes told you?

As always I do not ask these questions to condemn anyone, nor should you feel condemned in reading them. For I am on a journey, and I can honestly say I am not there yet.

God has challenged me to increase and renew my faith daily.

So I will, and I pray that you will too.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home